Author Topic: Teacup Event #3: Freshly brewed Tea-m  (Read 10712 times)

mikey

• View Profile
Teacup Event #3: Freshly brewed Tea-m
« on: August 23, 2010, 07:58:20 pm »
"Freshly brewed Tea-m"

This is the announcement for the third official event of the Teacup. The point is to create a (short) VN, with someone you have not worked before.

Teams are only 2 people and you are also encouraged to take a position in the team which you normally do not work in - like an artist would write the script.

If you're interested, just post in this thread and connect / form teams here directly or via PM. The event starts 1st of September and ends 1st of November.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. This post will be updated with teams as they form, so if you have formed a team, post it in the thread and this opening post will be updated.

-----------------------------
Team list:
-----------------------------

• Vatina (music + writing) / mikey (art + scripting)
  • sake-bento (art) / Hime (writing)
  • lordcloudx (music) / MoonlightBomber (writing + art)

« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 06:41:44 am by mikey »

sake-bento

• Suiheisen
    • View Profile
    • sakevisual
    • Email
Re: Teacup Event #3: Freshly brewed Tea-m
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 11:40:41 am »
Well, here goes nothing. Looking for a "usually not a writer" who I haven't worked with before who is also willing to deal with my pen sketches.

Vatina

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • White Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 05:19:25 pm »
Good to see you're taking part :D
I'm already taken as the writer/musician together with mikey, so I can't take you up on the offer. I hope someone else will drop by soon though!

Also to those considering writing, but not not offering to do so because participants are urge to "do things they usually do not":
Maybe try and write something you usually never write about? Something drastically different that you can try you hand with?

lordcloudx

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 05:56:05 pm »
I wanna try being the music composer for this one. Who wants to pair up as a writer/artist?

mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 06:38:23 pm »
Thanks to everyone for posting, I summarized everything in the first post.

To simplify things I assumed four main roles - art, writing, music and scripting (engine work). Of course you may also choose to make a VN that has no music or no designated scripter, because the writer will type directly into renpy for example. But just to have an overview of what people want to do or look for, I used these 4 roles.

I was also thinking about what happens when there is an odd number of people in the end - I would say, if no one objects, that one team will then have 3 people in it, so that no one who is interested is left to work alone.

Anyway, I am really looking forward to the challenge, I have no idea how difficult or easy drawing will be for me. :)

Vatina

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • White Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 02:39:01 pm »
We need more writers! Come hither! xD

Hime

• of Lux Visual Novels
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lux Visual Novels Blog
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 03:03:25 pm »
I could do some writing. Me being a writer isn't unusual in itself, but my genres have been mostly restricted to romance. I'd like to try something outside of that, and I could also do some coding and the like for the project.

Currently, I'm considering the genres of horror, mystery or action, but I'm up for suggestions on what I could do.

As a note for possible collaborators, I prefer rather close collaboration to make things click together in the project. It'd be great if we could use IRC or so to brainstorm and exchange ideas/feedback.

Seeing as you have volunteered as an artist, would you be interested in doing some out-of-ordinary and unromantic art, sake-bento?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 03:13:25 pm by Hime »
A piece of eternal wisdom: "Viking-chan isn't a viking-chan without her beard!"
Click here for the Lux Visual Novels blog!

mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 09:59:10 am »
Seeing as we are as near as makes no difference to September 1st, let me "officially" say the event is opened now. I guess since I am the opening poster, I can be the "host" of it, taking care of the organizational things.

If you have been successful in finding a team mate, good luck in the next 2 months and please post your team here, so I can add to / update the "official" overview. This is mostly important so that we know which people are still free.

If you are still looking for a team member, you can try to get in touch with people who expressed their interest in the thread (which would be preferred) or ask someone completely different. Also, the spirit of this challenge is being open (rather than creating a masterpiece), so don't be shy. Another thing is, the VN doesn't have to be big, in fact Vatina and I are working (I hope it's OK to say this), on a very small one, around 6000 words, so that it doesn't interfere with our running commitments. It shouldn't be stressful, it should just be trying something new.

If by the end of the week there are still people who want to participate but don't have a team mate, PM me and we will find some solution.

Anyway, that's it for now, good luck to everyone and let's see what happens.  :)

lordcloudx

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 04:47:08 am »
MoonlightBomber has just agreed to partner up with me as writer/artist. We're a team now. I think Hime and Sake-bento have just teamed up as well.

mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 07:16:50 am »
I hope everyone is doing fine with their projects, and to have a sort of weekly check, I have come up with the creatively named "Status Wednesday". So each Wednesday you are encouraged to share your progress and/or challenges, or if you prefer silence just take the opportunity to review for yourself what's going on and what needs to be done.

It's now 7 weeks and a few days to go, so I assume no one is behind schedule at this time, because we've just started. Good luck for the next week!

---

As for me, I don't have much to report, I've done a few practice drawings, all of which were difficult for me. I tried drawing a cloud, a tree, some houses and a character (head). I see very clearly now that drawing a character is going to be a challenge.

mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2010, 08:02:10 am »
It's Wednesday again, so hopefully everyone will be able to take some time to review how their projects are doing - how things are looking, what needs to be done and/or focused on. It's now about 6 weeks to go.

Good luck for next week!

Vatina

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • White Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2010, 02:21:19 pm »
I missed last wednesday, but here we go:

Progress.... progress.... um....
Script-wise I only have some random notes on a notepad that I wrote at work. I'm getting some important script parts for my main project out of the way these days though, so I should be able to begin real writing on this soon.

As for music I am still mostly just experimenting when I have time. I think I have some good bases for what I will turn into the final tracks for our story. That's it for now ^^;

lordcloudx

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2010, 03:35:17 pm »
Well, we're actually done with our game for this event. Here's the logo for our one-shot team.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And here's a sample looping track used in the game http://www.sendspace.com/file/a301te

sake-bento

• Suiheisen
    • View Profile
    • sakevisual
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2010, 04:14:12 am »
We're alive. Sadly still in the planning stages, as both of us seem to have prior engagements until October.

D:

mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2010, 05:40:45 pm »
Time seems to fly, at least for me, this is Week 3, and as every Wednesday, it's time to look at the projects, think about them and the next steps in their development. It's now 5 weeks to go.

Not much new on my side, some practice here and there, but mostly working on my other project, somehow one seems to fall in love again at the most inappropriate of times! Anyway, like Vatina's blog post, my brain has been cooked these past days writing parts for my project with high intensity. This never lasts very long, so I have to make use of it :) Let's see what the next week brings, especially after the weekend.