Author Topic: The Position  (Read 2345 times)

drakey

• AOL Instant Messenger - drakenavarone
    • View Profile
    • Team BG
    • Email
The Position
« on: June 05, 2011, 04:05:25 pm »

Milo is an employee at a CD retail chain who is facing hard times. He isn't making enough to cover his expenses, and he's being scheduled less and less often. The only solution presented to him is the full-time manager position that's been open for a while, but it's one he doesn't want to take if he can help it. What's a wage slave to do?

This is a very short vn, at best ten minutes long, that I wrote at the request of a friend. I wanna thank Jake for the quick and outstanding work he did on the sprites for this project. It wouldn't have been put together nearly as soon as it did without his efforts. And, enjoy!

http://storage.bishojo.tk/full/ThePosition-all.zip
www.twitter.com/drakeynv
The Compendium of Drake :
Starlit Sky ~ Songs of Araiah ~ Mirai Imouto ~ Temple Glen ~ Fuyu no Tabi

lordcloudx

Re: The Position
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 05:16:58 pm »
Wow! This is your best work ever! This is honestly the most honest piece of EVN that I have ever come across in a long time. It's not often that people take risks and go out of their way to produce something that would be considered much less than their .357 magnum.... ok, joking aside, I honestly didn't get it.

I tried to read it as a story expecting some kind of story and all I got out of that was me going "what the heck did I just read, an excerpt from some guy's journal?" In any case, congratulations, I suppose.

By the way, I actually timed it with a stopwatch and it took me 4:59:9 minutes to read through.

mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 06:38:58 pm »
It's funny, because I would like to say it was a positive experience for me (I like plot-free VNs), but there is nothing to "prove" that with some practical arguments - i.e. nothing to praise or put down, it's very neutral in that sense (and by its nature). I guess you could see it as a validation that you've done a good job of simply creating that atmosphere, hopefully that was also your goal and I am not missing some big point - but be it as it may, I am just going to assume it was created to be read, absorbed and... then... well, then you go on minding your own business again.

number473

• View Profile
    • sattotw
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 06:31:32 am »
A clearly and well-executed piece. Succinctly coveys the dismal state of many school leavers in our current society. It was an interesting read.

On a side note, I'm inclined to classify this as a visual short story rather than a vn, which gets around any worries about it being 'plot-free'.

anything