Author Topic: Rainy Summer  (Read 4018 times)

denzil

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lunaen
    • Email
Rainy Summer
« on: December 31, 2010, 02:47:52 PM »
Hello (:
This microgame was originally intended to be released as part of the VN Festival 2010, but in the end I didn't got to make the graphics, that was missing. I simply never was in the mood to draw. But I still wanted to make a release this year, so few days ago I took blank paper and started to draw. And actually managed to finish it just in time (:
It's hurried a bit, but hopefully it won't show too much. It's just small romantic game. I won't spoil you the story itself, it's too short for that, but I will hope you will enjoy it.

Download from its webpage

Update: Made a website for the game and fixed some minor problems with the game that were left in the original release due to lack of time. The changes were small, so you don't really have to download again, unless you want the final version of it for some reason.
Changes list: Added game name and credits to the title screen, added rain effect to the outside events.

Screenshots:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 07:11:42 AM by denzil »
It's called a miracle because it doesn't happen.
Finished projects: Broken sky .:. colorless day .:. and few more...

mikey

• View Profile
Re: Rainy Summer
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 12:56:22 PM »
I rarely get to read anything in cz/sk anymore, so reading this created a nice and slightly nostalgic atmosphere for me. A really sweet story, nothing really happens but that's what creates the slightly lonely / romantic environment. Congratulations, it's nice to see another game released, and it does have a certain denzil-ness about it - in any case, it was the first game I played in 2011, a really nice way to start the year with something romantic :)

lordcloudx

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 03:59:54 PM »
Finally took some time to read this. I liked it. It had a nice, homey atmosphere that went very well with the music. The story itself... well, wasn't really much of a story with, as mikey said, nothing really happening, but it was a nice change of pace and I'm glad to see that the game itself did not try overly hard to try to pander to the readers.

I like the way you chose to end things; especially the last two lines right before "The End" pops up. There were a few things that I felt could have been done better, but I feel they're not worth mentioning for such a short piece as Rainy Summer.

denzil

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lunaen
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 05:08:55 AM »
I'm glad you liked it. I tried to write it, to fit the music, so it's good to hear that you think the music and atmosphere fit together.
It was also interesting to write story that was short on purpose rather than just turning that way as is usual for me.
And well, there are things that could be done better and I'm not completely satisfied with. But if I didn't set myself deadline I probably would never finish it. So I'm okay with Rainy Summer having flaws, when most of it turned out well.
It's called a miracle because it doesn't happen.
Finished projects: Broken sky .:. colorless day .:. and few more...

anything