imagelogin

Author Topic: MangaGamers future  (Read 3383 times)

Vatina

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • White Cat
MangaGamers future
« on: March 04, 2010, 02:30:00 PM »
Since this forum mainly focuses on the creation of visual novels, I thought this might have interest.

One of MangaGamer's main translators has been interviewed here, talking about future games and the translation process:
http://novelnews.net/2010/03/03/interview-with-the-visual-novel-translator/

In the interview he mentions chances of translating something like the Mai Hime VN, which has me psyched - that one looks really awesome.

And this is interesting too:

Q: Oh, and that last “certain other company” in your previous response sounds fascinating. Any hints you are allowed to drop on this?

A:Let’s just say I’d never want to eat their jam or their bread.

That sounds like Key! And before everyone was talking about how it was impossible to get Key to localise games. I hope MangaGamer will do well enough to convince them to do it!
It also seems that they have been improving with translation quality for each game, heading in the right direction. I hope they will be able to get rid of their bad reputation from their early faults.

What do you think?

Enerccio

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: MangaGamers future
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 03:51:44 PM »
I particularly don't care about key anymore.
I used to like their works, but clannad was just so meh, that I stopped liking them in general.
Planetarian was the best they ever did~.

Vatina

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • White Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 04:17:00 PM »
Hmm it's true, Planetarian was great. I still get all warm and fuzzy inside when hearing the soundtrack.

I haven't played or seen Clannad, so I can't comment on that. But I loved Kanon and Air - seeing Air in english would be wonderful, although I wonder if it is too old to be localised now?

And with MG releasing an all-ages version of Kira Kira, I can hope they'll do that with other future titles as well >_< I don't like buying h-games, heh...

sake-bento

• Suiheisen
    • View Profile
    • sakevisual
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 08:55:34 PM »
It looks interesting. Even if I don't like Key as much after AIR, I do think that bringing over at least some of their games will give a lot more attention to the VN industry.

anything