login

Author Topic: I'm new...sort of!  (Read 2841 times)

musical74

• View Profile
    • Email
I'm new...sort of!
« on: December 19, 2010, 12:09:08 am »
Well, I recognize a lot of names...I wonder how many of those remember me?

Dafool mentioned this place, looked it over, and thougt this would be a good fit! I like how the rules can be summed up to *BE POLITE*.   :) May take a bit to get up to speed though...hope you guys don't mind too much!

lordcloudx

Re: I'm new...sort of!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 12:20:29 am »
Welcome aboard! :D

Sure I remember you since I'm now semi-active at both forums. Nice to see some new but familiar names in here. Have fun posting. One other thing, don't be afraid to resurrect old threads (AKA thread necromancy whut?) in here, any topic is ripe for discussion if you feel like it.

mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 05:18:48 pm »
Nice to see you here.

It's really quiet here, which I actually like. From time to time there is an active thread, but I like to see it like something of a collection of essays on a given topic rather than an actual back-and-forth discussion (very little direct replies). I would think this is because most people have already spoken their minds enough.

The basics of Teacup, at least from my point of view are that it's primarily a coordination center for the Events - currently we are preparing Event #4 - and also a creative outlet for its members. After almost a year, I don't see it as a place for feedback, comments or anything with the word social in it. It's very "zen" in that popular interpretation of the word - you post only occasionally if at all, you quietly release a game and get on with it, or you work on something you like doing with people you like.

It's interesting how it all developed like this,  but I've grown to really like that atmosphere. All that matters is what you have created, and you make friends by creating with them.

rioka

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 10:06:32 pm »
Hey musical! Looks like you got here before me. I think I'll like this place going by the description - and thread necromancy ftw!

Vatina

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • White Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 08:18:53 pm »
Hi musical, I remember you ^_^ And rioka too. Welcome both of you.

anything