imagelogin

Author Topic: Teacup Event #4: The Teacup Visual Novel Festival 2011 (Recruitment)  (Read 16145 times)

Ruler

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Last year, The Teacup Visual Novel 2010 marked the beginning of what has become The Teacup’s trademark of being an event-based community. Due to the short span of time we had to work with in order to organize the event last year, we kept the details of the event a secret from the public and limited to only the founding members of The Teacup until release month.

This year, we’re starting the preparations for the festival early and making it open to all interested visual novel creators.

The rules of the festival are very simple. Simply indicate your desire to enter your game into the 2011 festival inside this thread. We’re open for entries until one month before the festival (the 1st of July). Basically, the only rule of the festival is that you agree to release your game sometime during the festival month along with the other participants. Please back out at least a week or two before release month if you feel that you can't make it.

The festival will feature one game every day starting from release month and up (the 1st of August, the 2nd of August and so on). All entries must be complete or at least nearly complete as soon as the month before release month arrives in order to give us enough time to decide on the order in which the games will be released.

All entries are welcome at this point. Your game could be a work-in-progress, a game idea that you are planning to work on, or a completed but still unreleased game. Think of the Teacup Visual Novel Festival 2011 as a motivation to get a jump start on some of your unfinished projects, or to start working on a new game.

The Festival is now officially open. Interested applicants may apply here or you can PM one of the mods/admins if you want to enter in secret.

The release month is August.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 08:44:46 am by Hime »
If you have something to say about the forum rules, please contact one of our administrators:
denzil - F.I.A - Hime - lordcloudx - Vatina

mikey

• View Profile
Re: Teacup Event #4: The Teacup Visual Novel Festival 2011 (Recruitment)
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 07:38:39 am »
Regarding the release month, if April is not decided on yet, does that mean that it's March that's being considered, or is it more May?

Hime

• of Lux Visual Novels
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lux Visual Novels Blog
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 08:50:19 am »
Regarding the release month, if April is not decided on yet, does that mean that it's March that's being considered, or is it more May?
The time will be discussed in the next administrative gathering. I doubt anyone is thinking of March, though; if the month is changed, it'll change towards summer.
A piece of eternal wisdom: "Viking-chan isn't a viking-chan without her beard!"
Click here for the Lux Visual Novels blog!

Hime

• of Lux Visual Novels
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lux Visual Novels Blog
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 10:17:07 am »
The festival release month has been decided on; it is May 2011, so we will be accepting entries (in this thread and in PMs to us admins) until the beginning of April.

Feel free to use this thread to announce and brainstorm projects for Event #4. We wish good luck to all participants!

mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 11:29:29 am »
Alright, I would participate with one small VN project, for starters, based on my themes this one will be "death".

So far, I have the idea, the photographs and it should be no more than two weeks' work once I get to it, however at the moment I'm quite busy with my current project - but there's bound to be some down time and this "death" story I wanted to make for quite some time. It should be similar in style and atmosphere to Old-timer or The Morane Crisis.

mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 11:38:45 am »
Since December there has been no activity here, so... does anyone have a project for this event? I am asking, because it's about the time I would need to start working - which I don't really want to anymore, to be honest, as I'm still quite well occupied with my main project and I'd like to focus on that while the momentum is there. I'm also thinking of making the Event #4 VN at some other time entirely, because of what I'd like to put in and how that will relate to the main project. So anyway, I'd just like to know what the status of Event #4 is - who is participating, how far along are you and when exactly the deadline for the finished games is (I assume it's 30.4?), I'd like to see how I can fit in there.

lordcloudx

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 03:11:42 pm »
I won't speak for the others, but I'd like to confirm that I have no entry for this event ATM mostly due to certain plans IRL. I won't rule out the possibility that I might still be able to make a short entry, though.

Hime

• of Lux Visual Novels
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lux Visual Novels Blog
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 03:15:26 pm »
I and number473 are preparing a project for the festival, but I wouldn't be against changing the schedule if a lot of people here feel that May is too soon. Actually, later in the summer (June, July, August?) would be better for me in terms of real life circumstances.

lordcloudx

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 08:37:33 am »
As we have discussed in private last night, it would probably be best to move this event to August for various reasons, not the least of which is the apparent lack of participants for April. I would like some confirmation from the other members of this forum if this decision still stands.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 10:20:41 am by lordcloudx »

Hime

• of Lux Visual Novels
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lux Visual Novels Blog
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 08:44:03 am »
the apparent lack of participants for August.
I think you either mean the lack or participants for May or the abundance of participants for August there...

In any case, I'm okay with the shift of schedule - it'll mean I'll be able to contribute more both as an admin and a creator, since May is a very busy month for me.

I edited the first post of the thread to reflect the changes.

lordcloudx

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2011, 06:02:53 am »
@Hime: Quite. Post edited to reflect this.
I'm entering this event! I just had a flash of an inspiration that you would not believe! Count me in like nao!

Vatina

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • White Cat
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2011, 12:02:33 pm »
Sounds great cloud :)

I believe I'll enter too, at least I'll do my best to make. Already looking forward to the Hime/number473 project too!

lordcloudx

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2011, 02:42:32 pm »
A little update: I'm done with my game for the festival. How is everyone else doing? Here's a little preview of my project:

DaFool

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2011, 04:54:03 am »
Sign me up for a solo entry.  I'll probably start working on it only June-July.  I'll need it to let off some creative steam since I've been hitting the Law of Diminishing Returns lately (but I don't regret it since it was my original intention to see when exactly I'll hit that realization).  I apologize for my recent behavior which may have offended people.

mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2011, 09:05:42 pm »
I have finished a rough version (all graphics, all text, all music) of my entry called "Anthridercynantide". It still needs editing, but this should not be a problem until August. Even in this state it would be fine to release. It's a short work, about 20 minutes of play, and the theme is, as stated in one of the previous posts, "death". Looking forward to putting on the finishing touches at some point, and then to the August releases. Special thank you to the mysterious person who made the sprites.