imagelogin

Author Topic: Swimming in Two Rivers  (Read 4475 times)

MoonlightBomber

• View Profile
    • Moonlight Bomber's Chronicles Mk. II
Swimming in Two Rivers
« on: October 31, 2010, 06:19:53 PM »
L.I.T.E.V.N. (Moonlight Bomber and lordcloudx) presents their "Freshly Brewed Tea-m" entry, Swimming in Two Rivers.

Story: Why is taking the third option sometimes the best option when it comes to choosing the right girl? Read as a rich kid tries to get out of a typical love triangle rut.

Download (multiplatform): http://www.mediafire.com/?32xv5qpxtvbvfge

mikey

• View Profile
Re: Swimming in Two Rivers
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 10:07:28 AM »
I don't have a whole lot to say, but at least this:

I did have a little trouble following the pop culture / anime references, even though they were quite light - then again it fit together with the anime-ish presentation.

The ending caught me by surprise I have to say :) Really nice, I realized it was almost obvious, but I haven't seen it while reading.

Anyway, it was a nice few minutes, congratulations!

Hime

• of Lux Visual Novels
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lux Visual Novels Blog
    • Email
Re: Swimming in Two Rivers
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 05:23:38 PM »
Though a couple of things confused me in this VN, I found it pretty entertaining overall. I liked the visual style you had chosen for both the GUI and the actual graphics, it worked well for this story in all its simplicity. The characters looked adorable.

And I agree with mikey about the end... it should be predictable when you think about it logically, but usually writers don't take the story in that direction, I suppose. It was refreshing to see a conclusion like this for a change.
A piece of eternal wisdom: "Viking-chan isn't a viking-chan without her beard!"
Click here for the Lux Visual Novels blog!