Author Topic: Requesting permission to create a remake of Real Life  (Read 2442 times)

mugenjohncel

Requesting permission to create a remake of Real Life
« on: September 26, 2010, 05:44:33 am »
I'm nearly halfway in my grand plan which I will share with you guys once it's done but True Lucy's Cameo appearance in Real Life really screwed up my long thought grand plan so I now have to reconcile a few things before I can justify (secret)... while I'm at it... I also realized that instead of making a small VN that focuses on True Lucy's after the events in real life... it is very much feasible to remake and upgrade real life given that it doesn't have much graphical requirements...

So the question was... will you allow my humble request to make a remake/upgrade of real life. Rest assured that I won't mess with the story except graphics and a minor thing I'll add after every path has been unlocked that will show True Lucy's deteriorating health condition... which will in turn justify the events in Lucy's Revenge Again...

Thanks...

lordcloudx

Re: Requesting permission to create a remake of Real Life
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 09:48:01 am »
Here's my main problem with that idea; I feel that my art in RL (as rushed as it was within the 1 month time-frame) isn't that hideous to require a remake.

RL is an idea that's come and gone and that I think should be put to rest. I'd be more amenable to the idea of an unofficial sequel to RL. It's also not that old of a game to require a remake in the sense that people who are not slaves to the trends of the EVN community can easily pick it up today and still find it just as enjoyable.  Furthermore, I personally think it would be brushing aside and practically discarding the creative spirit that we all shared during those times to allow a remake.

What I'm saying is that if people want to play Real Life today, I want them to play the version that we all made together with our collective efforts, along with all its flaws, if any, rather than a new flashier remake.

In this case, what I'm selfishly saying is that while X+1 > X, I'd still choose X for personal, sentimental reasons. So, the bottom line is that I'm not agreeable to that idea unless you can convince me with a better reason. I welcome my original teammates' input on this matter if they can see this. (FIA and Ignosco)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 09:50:00 am by lordcloudx »

F.I.A

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • F.I.A's Sanctuary
Re: Requesting permission to create a remake of Real Life
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 01:37:36 pm »
I've nothing against it. Though Lucia was originally inspired by an asthmatic librarian in something eastern anyway. The other idea about it being a disguise was a random muse by either a koala or a cloud if I was right.

Just a passing through maker. Nothing else.

anything