login

Author Topic: Today I created...  (Read 14210 times)

lordcloudx

Re: Today I created...
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2010, 06:59:57 pm »
Decided to try my cg hand at a simple art style today. This is Noel Vermillion from the PS3/Xbox 360 game that's been recently ported to the PSP, BlazBlue.

I drew/colored her in the style of Tinier Me

Edit: Also, a little trick to make it look more defined is to add a stroke of black lines outside.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 07:09:44 pm by lordcloudx »

sake-bento

• Suiheisen
    • View Profile
    • sakevisual
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2010, 06:06:14 am »

I'm forcing myself through a sort of "scenery bootcamp" in which I will (hopefully) finally learn how to draw decent backgrounds. This is my third background since I've started. I scrapped the first one, and the second one is just a beach (although you can see the ocean from that one in this one). I used reference photos to  build a rough model in Bryce, then I painted over the model in Photoshop using my Bamboo.

lordcloudx

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2010, 03:32:45 pm »
The heatwave has been killing off my motivation to do anything productive lately. I managed to finish this one within 2 weeks... pretty sure I could have done it in less than a day without the heat/ :'(

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Vatina

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • White Cat
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2010, 03:17:34 pm »
Sake-bento:
Looks neat. I guess using something like Bryce is really good for perspective - painting over can help get rid of some of the sterility that 3D cg's often have. Wonder if I have the patience to try it out one day...

Anyway, I managed to get another 1.500 words written for my VN at work today. (Don't follow my example! Slacking at work is baaad!)
Also got some more script planning done. Almost done with the first route, yay!

lordcloudx

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2010, 04:03:56 pm »
Have written over a thousand words... well, 1019 exactly. I'm currently trying to recreate the first story I ever wrote way back when I was in Grade 2. I don't have the original script and I can only rely on my unreliable memory. This new version reeks of my more contemporary style... but I think it'll be worth it when I finish it by this weekend, hopefully.

number473

• View Profile
    • sattotw
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2010, 09:00:40 am »
I've had access to a tablet recently. Did this in about 5-10 min.

lordcloudx

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2010, 06:20:22 am »
number473: I've got a 12 inch tablet myself that I never ever use. I prefer lining using the mouse and pen tool in photoshop. Also, is that a pudding?

Back on topic, I finally finished writing this: http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2816784/1/The_Blackbird

Update:

Finished this about a day ago. The miku miku in my new avatar and forum sig

« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 06:22:19 am by lordcloudx »

Vatina

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • White Cat
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2010, 08:54:28 am »
Today I just wrote the first bad ending for my vn Blue Rose!

Oh my, sometimes it's really hard for me to put my characters through such rough experiences. It can be an interesting way to test them, though.

lordcloudx

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2010, 07:37:01 pm »
Good luck then, Vatina. I think I kinda understand how that feels, but in my case I sorta like putting my characters through bad experiences :D

Anywayz, I drew this today:

I'm trying out an experimental lineart style. I kinda like how it turned out. The drawing is based on double lariat. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vZrRuyqQK4

Meems

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2010, 04:23:39 pm »
Have gone back to the beginning and am outlining the plot for my current project (which kind of died due to not knowing what would happen). Given that this is a story I've been playing around with since 2002, and this is the most major overhaul I've ever put it through... this is pretty big. About half the cast no longer play a part in the story. On the bright side, it lets me really think about how the branching routes will work.

Vatina

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • White Cat
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2010, 04:33:34 pm »
Sounds good. Sometimes it's important to step back and cut to the bone of a project so that you don't loose sight of its scope yourself.

It can be tough too though. Sometimes there is just a part of the story you wish you could tell, even though you know it's not necessary :P At least that's what I think sometimes.

lordcloudx

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2010, 07:28:59 pm »
Made this today by request.

It's an animefied version of my sister.

mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2010, 07:36:06 pm »
Today I worked on my game the whole day and so now my neck hurts from constantly looking down and checking my notes with what's on screen.

It's an interesting dilemma - I prefer having notes on paper and then having that paper reference to work on something on the computer. I could of course make all my notes digital and try to use the computer to multitask between them, but my paper notes are much easier to make and (despite the fact they are not searchable or sortable) I find things quicker in them. I think for notes and do-not-forgets and things like that paper is the better option because even though digitized notes and to-dos or even comments in some instances are theoretically easier accessible, they cost a lot of energy to put into the proper format that makes use of sorting or searching, and the most important thing - my paper notes which are loose papers of the same size I can spread out on the floor and have a great overview of everything - digitized notes can only work with a single screen, and no matter how the resolution or how great the application switches between the notes, it only has a physically limited size of my 15 inch computer screen.

Anyway, so I am sticking to paper when it comes to notes - but after a long day, it really hurts. And laugh all you want - I even took breaks and exercised to avoid this. But I guess it's not possible to prevent a bit of pain when you look up and down pretty much all day. Luckily this is accumulated work, so I probably won't have to do this kind of note inserting / comparisons for a while. Still, ergonomics are important for long stints of work. I remember when I was 15 I would write for hours sitting beside my bed (using the bed as a table). Now I could barely last 10 minutes in that unnatural position.

Well, maybe it's time to rearrange my desk. It seems too much clutter is taking up space where my arms could rest. I'll probably also raise the desk surface slightly and see how that works.

lordcloudx

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2010, 06:31:54 pm »
While not composing music because I'm bad at it, I drew this colored pencils version of Miku in an alternate outfit

Vatina

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • White Cat
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2010, 11:03:58 am »
Not something just accomplished today, and not really related to games, but...

This weekend I accomplished moving houses! Which means I won't have a stable internet connection until the 7th >_< Just so everyone knows.

Oh, but at least I might get some more practical work done on my game(s) now...